A great tasting apple flavored jerky (flavor courtesy of Angry Orchard)! I recommend drying this baby until it almost seems too brittle. The reason is this. I’ve found that the dryness of the jerky lends itself to not only last longer while you’re chewing it, but the flavor is more rich as you chew.
- 1.5lbs beef rump roast
- 1 cup teriyaki
- 1 can of apple beer
- Freeze the beef rump roast for 5 hours.
- Take beef rump roast out of the freezer and slice into 1/8th inch strips. NOTE: Cutting against the grain or with it will produce a different textured jerky when all is said and done.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Marinate for 12-24 hours - longer time will result in more flavorful jerky.
- Place jerky on dehydrator racks.
- Set temperature to 160 F.
- Dry for 4-5 hours - longer drying times will result in dryer, more brittle jerky.